Saturday, September 5, 2009

Two small jobs


Yesterday I bought new containers for my cupboards. I make muesli and that requires a lot of weird ingredients. They were taking up many of my food storage containers so I decided to get these ones so they will stack nicely together. (Old on the left, new on the right.) Here is the recipe I use for muesli.

I also made pico de gallo with tomatoes from the neighbor, jalepenos and onions from my garden and store bought garlic, lime, and cilantro.

I used about 2 garlic cloves (crushed), 2 LARGE tomatoes (seeded and diced), 1 1/2 diced jalepeno, 1/2 white onion (diced), the juice of 1 lime, 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro and salt to taste. It is pretty good if I do say so myself (and since my hubby doesn't like pico de gallo, I do have to say it myself). We will take a pot over to the neighbor later today.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment