Monday, July 27, 2009

Day One

I have been staying home with my son for 10 months. I think I am a pretty good SAHM but as I look at my house, I find I have been neglecting to keep house. There always seems to be something better to do when I am not playing with my boy, but more often than not it is on my computer where I get sucked into a time wasting world. So, here is my challenge to myself: Do one domestic thing each day before I "log-on" and post it here. Today I dusted the crown moulding downstairs. Mmmm...boring but important. So I am allowed to post and play on my computer.

In my quest for domesticity I grabbed a book I bought a long time ago but never looked at. It is How to be a Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson. I want to be a domestic goddess. After about 2 minutes I put it back. Being a domestic goddess goes so far beyond the kitchen Nigella! I think the first step to being a domestic goddess is keeping. In order to move on to cooking magnificent recipes and having dust free moulding the rest of the house must be kept. The laundry and dishes done, the bills paid and the beds made. Since those come before I can achieve goddess status, those don't count as my one-a-day... well unless I am laundering my curtains or polishing the copper bottoms of my pots.

Another part of keeping is keeping myself. I need to do the things that make me feel like a goddess. This is also part of my goal to put my needs first. I am going to schedule myself a much needed hair cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment