Thursday, July 30, 2009

Beating the heat

We have been running the ceiling fan in our master bedroom continually since, oh, about Sunday, but today I decided to dust the fan. I had heard a trick for the blades where you use an old pillow case so the dust doesn't just fall off the fan onto whatever is below, in our case a bed. As I didn't have an old pillow case, I used an old t-shirt and it worked quite well. You just encase the whole blade and pull back applying pressure along the top and sides (at least twice in my case since it has been more than a year since it has been done). I then used the shirt to wash the lights and motor area as well.

Last night we decided to use the grill for anything we might want to eat in the next few days. I cooked zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and kielbasa and mixed them with Orzo and feta for last night. I used left over zucchini and mushrooms in a lasagna with no cook noodles for the freezer (and one for our friends who are expecting). We grilled a pepper for tonights Boca burgers with guacamole and some ears of corn because my little man loves corn on the cob (maybe a corn, avocado, tomato salad for tonight as I picked about 2 dozen more cherry tomatoes last night). I will do something with the left over kielbasa friday, perhaps breakfast for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment